The registration is now available at the dedicated page. It will be possible to register till Thursday, the 3rd of September. The fee is fixed to 30 EUR (VAT included) both for authors and attendees and will give access to all virtual events of all conferences.
Important note. All the attendees of the BOPL conference will have a 50% of discounts for joining the Microservices Community. Remember to check the privacy acknowledgement if you wish your name and e-mail to be sent to them.
If you registered for BOPL before the registration deadline then you should have received an email with joining instructions. If this email did not arrive then here is its content:
- Read the ACM Policy Against Harassment - you must abide by this at all times during the conference
- Read the BOPL Code of Conduct - you must abide by this at all times during the conference
- Get access to the conference Slack workspace: communication about the conference will be via Slack
Please be sure to use your real name as your Slack handle for BOPL 2020. At a physical conference you would wear a name badge. Your Slack handle is your virtual name badge, and it is important for all conference attendees to know with whom they are communicating.
Get an invitation at bopl.cs.unibo.it/slack-invite
The technical program will run as a virtual meeting. After registration closes, you will receive details on how to access the meeting via the Zoom platform.
During each session one of the paper’s authors will present and answer questions from conference ATTENDEES (live or chat), moderated by a Session Chair.
We will use Slack for managing communication; you may ask to be invited using the dedicated form. In any case, all the ATTENDEES will be invited to our Slack workspace after registration closes.
#### Zoom Meetings Guidelines
One of the members of the BOPL organization will be the host of the Zoom room (role HOST).
The HOST performs the following tasks:
- Management of the Zoom rooms (e.g., create, delete, edit, …).
- The HOST sends the conference daily schedule (with the link and passcode to participate) to all the registered ATTENDEES the day before the session (e.g., schedule of Monday the 7th will be sent on Sunday the 6th).
- Check-in of the ATTENDEES from the waiting room.
- The HOST provides technical assistance to the Session Chair and the PRESENTER (e.g. mute/activate the microphone of the ATTENDEES, activation of the screen sharing, technical problems assistance). In case of problems of technical nature that are beyond the competence of the HOST, the intervention of the official Zoom assistance will be requested.
The Session Chair will be the co-host of the Zoom room (role CO-HOST).
- Introduces the PRESENTER.
- Manages the timing of the presentation.
- Selects the questions from the official channels (Zoom chat + Slack channel) and moderates the communication between ATTENDEES and PRESENTER.
ATTENDEES may request the activation of the microphone to communicate, through the hand-raise (✋) function, offered by the Zoom platform.
Slack Workspace Guidelines
Communication between ATTENDEES, BOPL organization and PC is managed using the dedicated Slack workspace.
PC and BOPL organization are the administrators of the workspace (role ADMIN).
Any ADMIN can:
- Create and remove public channels.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe ATTENDEES from the created channels.
- Add new administrators.
ADMINs are encouraged to animate the channels and foster discussions deemed of interest.
Conference attendees should respect the BOPL Code of Conduct.
BOPL will follow the ACM Policy Against Harassment at ACM Activities. Please familiarize yourself with the ACM Policy Against Harassment and guide to Reporting Unacceptable Behavior.